You're Amazing.

I have a copic crush on a lady named Alyce.  She's just amazing!  Her coloring skills and card making style is just incredible!  One of THE BEST I've ever seen... so yesterday as I browsed the blogosphere, I came across her blog again and found a video tutorial she made showing how she colors clouds and skies.  I had attempted many ways to make backgrounds for cards, but this one is my favorite so far.

I decided I would try it out and the results were amazing!  There's only 1 marker I substituted, but I couldn't believe how easy and fun it was, not to mention relaxing.  I spent 2 hours coloring the entire image "Woodsy Mae" and am extremely happy with the results.



I'm a fast crafter.  I like things done as quickly as possible, because my time is limited and because I like feeling accomplished at the end of the day.  But this card was special.  It was made for my cousin Gloria.

I recently found out that she had just a couple of months to be with us here on earth and it broke my heart.  Now we're hearing just a week or two.  I felt a desperate need to make her one last card and pour all my feelings in it before she passed.  She has always been very supportive of my crafting and has even asked me to enter some contests.  My thought was always "if she only knew how much more AWESOME" the ladies I learn from are!!"  (lol)

I never told her, but she was a huge inspiration to me.  She is strong, smart, funny & sarcastic, wise and very family oriented.  I love her and her daughters.  I consider her more of an aunt than a cousin.  I'm going to miss her visiting every summer, but I know she's ready to be with Jesus and her parents in heaven.  That gives me peace.

Mom will be taking flight up north this weekend and I pray that God allows mom to be with Gloria one last time.  They are kinda besties and I know it would mean the world to them both.

So this card and blog is dedicated to her.  Thank you Gloria, for your strength and sense of humor.  And for leaving a legacy with your daughters.  I love you and will miss you.
You're AMAZING!



UPDATE: 4/11/13.  Mom booked an earlier flight.  She left this morning (Thursday) at 7am, so I had to ask hubby to drop off the card before he left for work.  I'm so glad I didn't wait too long to make it for her.


post signature


CHALLENGES
1 - Some Odd Girl - April Sketch Challenge




Follow on Bloglovin

10 comments

DIANA L. said...

What a beautiful card and a sweet blog post dedicated to a special lady.
I feel like I know her now.
May your grief be short and may you be blessed with peace in your heart.

Unknown said...

Your card and coloring are beautiful!! I'm so sorry about your cousin. What a wonderful last craft you have made for her.
So glad you joined us for the Some Odd Girl sketch Challenge.

Becky said...

This made me cry. You are such a sweet and loving person. Your Cousin sounds a lot like you, amazing. I pray your Mom and Her get to see each other this weekend and that she passes peacefully. Many thoughts and prayers to you and your Family.
<3
Becky

Jossie Posie said...

so sorry to hear this news! Your post really brought tears to my eyes! I will keep her in my prayers. Your card is amazing.

Elizabeth said...

Damaris,
My heart is heavy for you and your family. Know that my thoughts and prayers are with you through this difficult time.
Much love, elzabeth.

CraftyNatalie said...

A beautiful card, and such a nice thought.

Natalie

Rachel Parys said...

This is adorable!! Your coloring is fantastic! Way to rock the challenge! Thanks for playing along with SOG!

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Oh Damaris!! For a start let me say thank you so much - your colouring is just so beautiful and I thank you so much for your lovely words. The fact that you like my work and videos means so much to me :) I am so very sorry to hear about your cousin...you know she will LOVE this!!! I can tell that you put so much love and thoughts into this for her. I am sending you all of my love xxxx

Unknown said...

Oh sweetie. I'm so glad you got to give the card to your cousin. I absolutely have adored your creations over at the Some Odd World Ning community, but wanted to make sure to come and say how much I adore this creation on your blog. You are so talented.

RiNNE said...

I am so sorry for the loss of your cousin, Damaris. I'm sure she loved your card. As do i. Your clouds and sky turned out beautifully! I can't believe that you crafted this card rapidly! Anyway, it's beautiful. Thanks for joining us at SOG.